Monday, January 23, 2012

Long time, no See

So yeah, it's been awhile. But I'm back with a slightly anti-climatic update on one of my (many) projects.  I finished the castle only to discover complete unsatisfactory results.  The castle's too small and really didn't make me proud, so I've started back to square one with a completely different take.


So this is what I have so far with the redux castle project.

Whaddya think?

Well, not to blow my own horn here, but I think this already is better than my first attempt.  The walls that aren't painted in the back of the picture may be rebuilt and adjusted when I open the game next.  I'm still trying to figure out layout as I go along.

So, a brief explanation of what is built so far, the two towers on either side of the picture with the staircases are entrances to the porticullis that meets in the middle.  Below, there's a small lake which I may extend to cover more area later.  Through the porticullis is the main entrance to the castle and from there is open to change.

So there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment